Single Cylinder, Belt Drive, Continuous Duty (Gas Powered)
Concrete filled or cast iron skid
Equipped with Arrow slow speed natural gas fueled engine with the following standard features:
- Thermal siphon cooling system with radiator and cooling fan
- Oil bath combustion air cleaner
- Full flow lube oil filtration
- Pressure lubrication throughout engine
- Starfire ignition
- Electrical engine speed governor (for AC units only)
- Safety switches for low oil pressure, low lube oil, low coolant level
- 12 volt electric ring gear starter
- Amp meter
- Reliable commercial external two bearing, brushless synchronous 60 hertz alternator available in either single-phase or three-phase (50 hertz on special order)
- Remote, mounted electrical control panel including voltmeter, amp, meter, frequency meter and fuse block for control circuit protection
- Engine and alternator have V-belt and sheave drive connected together
- Engine and alternator are mounted together on 9" concrete filled base
For other features not included as standard equipment, consult Arrow customer service.
Quality Products...Engineered to Last
Arrow engines are designed for continuous duty 24 hours a day, day after day. Dependable performance when you need it. Arrow's heavy duty design features a heavy flywheel, a governor speed control, and a pressurized full flow lubrication system to assure continuous operation.
Oil field Tough
Over 75,000 Arrow Engines are powering pumping jacks in oil fields from the frozen tundra's of Canada, to the mountains of South America; from the deserts of the Middle East, to the jungles of Indonesia. Many of the original engines built in the 1940's are still running today. Tough means they work harder, longer.
Arrow Engines run on a variety of low BTU gases; natural gas, wellhead gas, methane, butane or propane. Whether in remote jungles or in civilization, locally available gas fuel frequently costs much less than bringing in liquid fuel or electric power. The single cylinder Arrow engines can also be equipped with a fuel lift pump and will operate on gasoline.
Studies performed in the U.S. have shown that operating costs for Arrow engines can be as low as half the cost for equivalent HP electric motors. Since every area is different, you owe it to yourself to compare the costs in your area.
Arrow engines are designed for easy, quick field maintenance. The oil level can be checked and adjusted while the engine is running. Easy access enables replacing piston rings and wet cylinder sleeves in the field. Arrow parts are also interchangeable from the first model made.
Starfire Solid State Ignition Systems are standard for single cylinder engines and optional on twin cylinder engines. Also available as options are high-tension or solid-state magnetos, or Altronic ignition systems.
Arrow Improvements to Original Continental Engine
Improvements to the Heavy-Duty C-Series Engines since May 1977 (most all are retrofitable to earlier models using current kits):
- EPA Certified C-46, C-66, C-96 & Certifiable C-106
- Heavy steel fabricated sub-base
- Full flow oil system with spin-on filter
- A mounting pin for Arrow 990
- Portable starter added to sub-base
- Bronze crankshaft gears for C-46 through C-106
- Arrow oil filler added to engine (ASP-1)
- O-ring modified rocker shaft plugs
- Reliable stainless steel braided oil lines
- Ball rod ends standard on all Arrow Engine models
- Stainless steel water filler added as standard (ASP-3A)
- Vibration-free cross braced radiator shells
- Common muffler made standard on C-Series engines
- Lifting eyes added to facilitate engine handling
- All Arrow Engines are either electric 12-volt ring gear starting or blow down air-gas starting systems
- Added instrument panel to house starter switch, cannon receptacle, oil pressure gauge and shut down
- Cylinder heads modified to accept Impco carburetors without using cross flange adapter
- Improved ring gear starter mounting on new flywheel (eliminated separate ring gear carrier)
- Added QD hub to flywheel for safety in de-mounting
- Latest trochoidal oil pumps standard
- Oil pressure bypass valve included in oil pump assembly
- Optional renewable oil filter available
- A wiring harness is used to combat weather hazards
- Optional cover for Arrow electric starter motor available (prevents water from damaging starter motor)
- Starfire ignition is standard (C.D.I. for long life) and operates in the rain
- Redesigned breather system to improve crankcase ventilation and reduce emissions of crankcase vapors into the atmosphere (244BC)
- Solderless pressure condensing radiators with steel top tanks, bottom headers and replaceable
- Cores made standard on C-46 through C-106 - optional on C-255